Thursday, June 7, 2012

Picking a 5K

I am super proud of myself for sticking with my runs so well. I have been running if not every other day, then every other other day =) And the goal of running my first 5K is actually starting to become a reality. But now to choose which one. Kansas City has so many fun 5K's. I googled Kansas City 5K's and it suggested this page which was great! But now to figure out which one to attempt. There is a Glow Run 5K in July that is at night with tons of glow sticks! Rock the Crossroads is also in July which is a night run and sounds fun. The Farmstead Stampede is at the Deanna Rose Farm and is for them and is in August. September is the Broadway Bridge 5K which I really would like to do AND the Zoo run. October has tons of fun Halloween 5K's through graveyards and stuff which sounds like fun. I honestly think that I will be ready for a 5K in August or possibly even July. So I think I may keep my eyes on the Glow Run which is located in River Market in Downtown KC on July 14th. There I said it, so that will be my goal.

Now on to a little rant about running and then I'm done. So on my runs I have been using my Nike+ with my iPod and the sensor thing in my shoe. Most every time recently after my runs, it's been telling me that I have been running 2+ miles. And after this last run I had on Tuesday when it said I had run 2.12 miles I was thinking, heck ya, I'm only about a mile away from a 5K this is great! Then I decided to make sure that my sensor was tracking me correctly so I drove my car around the same route I took. And you know what it said? 1.8 miles! Ugh! That sucks! So now I have to recalibrate my sensor so it's more accurate and I can start feeling good about my runs again when I hit that 2 miles. And, just for giggles, I drove the same route in Dave's car to see if there was much difference. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment