Friday, June 1, 2012

Work? What? What's That?

This week has been so out of my normal routine! Normally I could care less about staying on a certain schedule, but when I'm trying to run every other day and write down everything I intake, getting out of the swing of things can be rough. Here's the situation...

Monday, Memorial Day. I was off with the whole family. When I'm not at work, I don't write down what I eat because I have two kids that are constantly wanting my attention. And I give it to them. So since I'm most likely not eating right, my body says, "No Erin, don't run today. Run tomorrow." And I say, "Okay".

Tuesday, back to work for most people. But not me! It's my scheduled day off. But since schools and daycares were closed on Mondays and I pay for my kids to attend 4 days a week, they both went to their places, and I went to Parkville for a run. And it was a little hard, okay a lotta hard. But whatever, I did it and felt good afterward.

Wednesday, back to work for ME! I was super excited to see my kids after being gone for 4 days and the last time I saw them they had all just graduated! Wednesday was pretty typical at work, nothing out of the ordinary. But then at 5:00pm, 30 min. before I leave to get Campbell, my classroom phone rings. It's Campbells school and he has a fever of 102. Great. So I wait for Dave to pick me up (because we carpool to save on gas) and ask if he can take tomorrow off to watch Camp. Of course I already knew the answer. They are super low at his work and he is training some new guys. My mom and husband were out of town too or else that would have been my next option. But alas, I had to call up to work and let them know that I wouldn't be coming in on Thursday. Ug!

Thursday, operation find out what's wrong with Campbell. He has a fever, runny nose, and horse coughing kinda. My bet was strep. I got a nice early appointment only to find out of course, it's some virus. He throat is swollen though but they tested for strep, negs. No ear infection and no blisters on his body for hand, foot and mouth. Usually with a virus I hear, "It's just some virus going around. Keep his fever down and plenty of rest and fluids. Call us if dah dah dah." Okay, thank you. At least I had peace of mind. So Campbell is pretty lax all day. Plays a little, gets some meds, eats some, sleeps lots, repeat. Around 3pm I ran out of infant motrin, so I switch to tylenol. Fever goes up to 104 degrees, under his arm, WITHOUT adding a degree. I was freaking out! First, of course, I call my mom. She is over at my house in like 2 min. and starts getting cool wash cloths and putting them all over his body. I'm not sure even how long he just layed in my arms letting us put these cool cloths all over him, but it seemed like forever. FINALLY, after lots of advise from FB friends and a call the Children's Mercy Nurse Line, his fever is starting to go down and he is starting to move again. Thank goodness. But of course, I wasn't going to take him back to daycare on Friday, so here we are again, trying to figure out who can stay home with him. Dave was not an option with so much stuff going on at work. I was not an option, working only one day so far this week and already knowing that we were low staffed. Thank goodness my Mom had come back in town the night before. And of course, she was more than happy to watch him. Here is a little picture of my poor baby Campbell with all those cloths all over him.

Even sick as a dog he is still so precious!

Friday, WORK! Hello Kids! Hello Ms. Laura (my oh so positive co-teacher). Work went well. It was nice to spend time with the kids again AND be able to get all the June newletter stuff out on time. I was in such a great mood all day, I was actually looking forward to a run that night. After work, I picked up Campbell who seemed to be doing much better and headed home for some quick dinners so we could all go to the park. Of course, Campbell had to take a quick nap right after dinner, so Emmie and I went on a walk around the neighborhood where I was pretty sure I smelled some leaking gas. So I called the gas company to report a possible leak. Well by the time I got a hold of someone, I was already on the other side of the neighborhood and the guy wanted an exact address of where the leak was. So Emery and I speed walked home, I dropped her with Dave and an awake Campbell, then ran down to the house I smelled the gas at and gave the rude man the address. When I got home, we were all ready to hit the park. Dave played with the kids while I did my Week 5 Day 2 of my Couch to 5K program. It was so nice! I kinda wish it wasn't an every other day running program.

But anyway, so I worked a solid 20 hours this week which sucks, but Campbell I feel is on the mend and I'm back into my running routine. Hopefully all goes well this weekend and I can wake up early enough on Sunday to get a run in before 12:00 mass, then Emery's baptism afterward, and then a 2:00 baby shower for my cousin. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment