Friday, May 11, 2012

We are Living in a Material World, and I am a Material Girl

Seriously, who doesn't love gadgets. I love them all. And now that I have been running again (okay technically, I have only ran 3 times but still, I'm getting off my ass. I also just want to throw in there that I will be running tonight too) I want all the fun gadgets that they make for running.

Of course every runner needs a good pair of shoes. There are so many different kind of running shoes out there though! And I have a hard enough time finding good shoes because my feet are HUGE! (We're talking size 11 here people). Oh and did I mention that they are super wide too?! Ya, so finding good shoes for me is usually a challenge. BUT, I did find these Mizuno's at Dick Sporting Goods and they were like heaven on my feet. Or what I can only imagine what your feet would feel like in heaven.
They are $149.99 which I would not normally ever spend on ANY pair of shoes (not totally true, I did drop a pretty penny on some UGG's last winter) but they say that if you serious about running, you need a good running shoe. So these are what I am saving up for now. Lucky for me, I'm still sitting on some Dick Sporting Goods Gift Cards from Christmas. You can find the shoes here.

Okay, so the shoes were not really a gadget, but they are expensive like most gadgets so they count. Now on to something I don't really need, but I REALLY WANT! I already run with my iPod touch. Love it. Love the running apps I have on there and my music and how small it is. What I really want though, is the new iPhone. I think a new one is coming out this fall maybe. I don't even need that new one, just an iPhone would be nice.



Oh to have internet where ever I go and be able to post my runs right away on my run logger so I don't forget. So what is stopping me? Honestly, my husband! He thinks that if I get an iPhone then he should get one too. I have NO IDEA why. He has an iPod, he loves it. ALL he does on it is play games. He doesn't use the iCal, or have his contacts uploaded onto them, heck he doesn't even ever check his facebook! So why does he need an iPhone? I don't know either. I do understand a little though, I mean, who doesn't want a smartphone? But he is firm on that if I get one, he needs one too, and we just can't afford a phone plan with both of us having one. So, I'm still stuck with my no internet dinosaur phone that doesn't even work half the time. Eh, you win some, you lose some.

The last thing that I'm going to write about that I want, and actually can have, is the Nike+ SportWatch GPS.



This thing would rock my world. Water resistant, accurate GPS, keeps time, pace, milage, heart rate, calories burned....need I go on? Ya, it's kind of expensive ($169.99 on Amazon) but I think it something that when I get into a little more milage, I'm going to need. So I will wait it out. Maybe it will be a little gift to myself after my first race or something.


I do have a Nike+ sensor already and the app on my iPod, but I feel like the battery runs out of that little sensor thing SO FAST! So I am stuck buying a $20 sensor every so often and it's just redic! Just let me have the rechargeable watch!

So there you have it. My gadget running list. All wants, no needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment