Thursday, May 3, 2012

No Post

Sorry there hasn't been much activity on my blog lately. But there has not really been a lot going on at home to blog about. Wait, let me rephrase that. There has been tons of stuff going on, but nothing really worth mentioning.

Work has been crazy busy lately. We have been packed with 20 kids every day. That's TWENTY 4 and 5 year olds. Plus, graduation is coming up really fast which means crunch time with getting the kids's portfolios done, teaching them their songs, getting the graduation video ready, blah blah blah. So, that's work.

Campbell-Well, let's see. He is crawling like his ass is on fire. He is climbing stairs (we have bought a new gate for the stairs which is super annoying). He is starting to eat big boy food. And he is still not quite sleeping through the night. We went to Children's Mercy to have his ding-a-ling looked at to see if it was ready to be circumcised. It is, the skin finally grew all the way over so there is slim to no chance of it looking weird when getting snipped. The surgery is set for June 14th. It does make me a little nervous, the whole surgery thing, but he will be fine. He will get put under with some nice smelling gas, then they will put all iv's and needles in him, then they will do the surgery, then he will go in recovery and when he wakes up and is all clear, we will get to see him again. He will get pain meds too which is nice for him. So, that's that. Campbell is saying Mama and Dada and has 8 teeth!


Emery-Oh law, where do I start with this girl? She is nuts! She had a real bad rough patch a month or so ago which her behavior with us and her brother, she didn't want anything to do with any of her grandparents which is very odd, and just not acting like Emmie. But, knock on wood, she has recently been awesome! Just making better choices, and listening better. We have been trying to do more one on one stuff with her so that may be what is helping her. She has been playing soccer on a Y team on Saturdays and has been doing a really good job! And she also LOVES gymnastics! Holy cow, she talks about it every day and wants to go at all hours! We talked about taking a break from it this summer so we could just focus on family time and swimming and stuff, but now we are thinking we may do some summer classes. Her 4th birthday party will definitely be at her gymnastics center. I have a conference with Emery's pre-school teacher tomorrow about her progress and where they think she is at. Now, I know most of this considering I work there as well and her pre-school teachers and I are pretty close and talk often. She is doing well, knows pretty much all of her colors, mixing up black and brown at times, and is doing very well with her shapes. She knows how to spell her name, but you kind of have to guide her along. She also knows how to count and sing her ABC's, though not correctly the whole way through, we still count it. Below is a recent picture of Emery and her BEST FRIEND friend from pre-school James. These two LOVE each other. I'm not kidding. James doesn't come to school every day, but when he does, they are almost inseparable. Emery will go up and hug him first thing in the morning and then they are off in areas together. James is only a few days younger than her too which is nice. So, that is whats going on with that little girl.


I don't have much on me to share. Work, take care of my own kids, sleep when I can, try and keep house straight. That pretty much sums up my life right now. I finally got back on some medication for my ADD and it has helped tremendously! I just can feel my thoughts being organized up there now instead of thinking of a million different things at once. It's been nice. I have some busy months coming up. Lots of birthday parties these next few months, a bridal shower, 2 baby showers, a possible 5K (we will see how training goes), pre-k graduation, Camp's surgery, and I'm sure lots more that I can't even think of right now. But don't worry, I have 3 planners just to make sure I don't forget anything.

So anyway, sorry again for the light postings, hopefully with all this stuff coming up, I will have some more interesting stuff to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment