Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting my 'Pintrest' On

I don't know if ya'll remember my Mothers Day post about getting my pallet stained. I may not have even posted it to be honest. But anyway, I saw this thing on Pinterest with a pallet up on a wall, and I fell in love with it. And I fell in love with the idea of something unique on my wall that wasn't going to cost me a DIME! Seriously! Dave gets pallets in at his work all the time, so I asked him to bring me one that was pretty beat up. The one he finally ended up bringing me, after a few weeks of nagging, looked spanking new. But, I had some nice dark stain and sealer out in the garage, so I put it all over the pallet. It made it look old and beaten up and brought out all the imperfections of the pallet which was exactly what I wanted. After the pallet dried, it got put in the garage for MONTHS! Look, I stained thing thing and got it all done on MOTHERS DAY! And we just got it hung TONIGHT! But anyway, it looks great on our wall in our living room. 
If you look up close, you can see that there isn't much on there yet. But I have ideas, don't you worry. Just need to do another Pinterest project and get some updated pics of the kids and a few trips to the antique market and I think we will be set! Thank you Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment