Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Time, and the livin's.....BUSY!

Finally some pictures to share with everyone. They are not really much, but we are just SO busy and I don't always remember my camera. Hopefully I'll have some fun pics from the 4th of July to add later on. 

This summer has been so busy. We swim as much as possible on the weekends anywhere there is a pool. We have yet to go on the weeknights when we work the next day because when we get home from work, we barley have time for dinner, baths and story time before bed.

It has been SUPER hot here in KC the past few weeks. Easily in the 100's every day. We try and stay busy inside though when it's too hot by playing together as a family. Campbell can't really do too much besides play chase though, so there is a lot of running and screaming in the house at night from Emery either chasing Campbell, or Campbell trying to catch Emery.

I've been trying to keep up with my running as best I can in these heat. I refuse to run on the dreadmill in the basement. Time just goes by so much faster when I'm on my trail or can look at other things besides the TV. Dave loves the treadmill though, so I'm glad we have it. But I will just wait till evening to run and make sure that I hydrate myself all day. I'm getting so close to the end of my program too. It is so empowering knowing how far I have come. Dave will do his Week 3 runs and come up and tell me how his 3min runs were hard. I remember those weeks! I remember how hard those runs were! And now I can run for 22min without stopping. I know that isn't a long time for a lot of people, but for someone like me who hasn't ran since High School, it's pretty damn good. One day I need to just try and run the 3.1 miles and see if I can do it or not. I'm sure I could, but it would be really hard. I'm so pumped for my first 5K though. I keep hearing that once you do one, your addicted. Which is exactly what I want! And I want Emery to see me do these so when she gets old enough, she can run them with me. We'll see how that goes.
 I threw in a random picture of me just because there never really are any of me. I'm always the one behind the camera!
 When it's too hot to play outside on the swing set, we get creative! Emery loves bubbles! So a bowl filled with soap and water and a straw provide a good 30min. of entertainment.
This is how I know these kids are Dave's, eyes closed! It's actually kinda surprising that Dave's eyes are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment