Monday, April 16, 2012

I must be a little crazy....

I am making this my title for 2 reasons. First, I went to the doctor today because I seriously thought I could possibly be going crazy. My mind has just been in a million different places at once. I wanted to get back on some sort of medication for my ADD. And so, I went and I got some new meds and I'm waiting to start them tomorrow. Second reason for being a little crazy, I have stopped eating meat. LET ME EXPLAIN!

I don't want to sound all crazy hippi on anyone, but I have been reading this book 'Skinny Bitch' and there are a few chapters on how the whole meat processing goes. How the animals are treated and what the packaging factories are like. I can barley look at a chicken breast anymore. Now, if you know me, you know that I come from a carnivore family. My Uncle Phil makes the worlds best ribs and my Grandpa smokes the worlds best everything! But I just can't get over the ickyness of it all! On top of that, the way the animals are treated before and during the whole killing and skinning process is crazy! I have found vegan chicken that I buy and eat and it's just fine. I also ran into a crazy vegan lady at the super market and she gave me all this information and all these names of people and farmers who can help me with my vegetarian/vegan journey.

I have also made the household choice to stop bringing milk into the house. We are now an almond milk family. It has taken E a little while to get use to the almond milk, well actually, she still isn't really use to it. She is drinking a lot more water than anything, but hey! Her poop is finally getting to be more regular!  As soon as C can get off the boob juice we will start him on almond milk. So he really won't know the difference.

So all in all, our grocery shopping as taken quite a turn. We are buying a lot more fruits and veggies, and our freezer has been meatless for a few weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment