Monday, October 3, 2011

Back to School

Finally settling down at home after my first day back to work after a little over 6 weeks at home with Campbell. I prepared for the worst. I thought I would cry this morning when I dropped him off with the babysitter, but I didn't. I held strong. I even kept it together at work all day and only called the babysitter twice to check up. It wasn't so hard this time around.

It was really great back at work. All the parents welcomed me back and couldn't believe I was back so soon. I think they all prob. get 3 months paid maternity leave. We however, a child care center that is all about the kids, gives no paid maternity leave. I was actually suppose to take another 2 weeks off because of my c-section, but couldn't afford it. ANYWAY, my kids were great today! I was so happy to see them and meet the new ones that came into the room while I was gone. Also, after a whole year of begging, our classroom finally got a printer! We have a lot of work to do in the room to get it up to par, but I am happy and excited to be back.

Getting back into the routine was a little rough this morning. Making sure Emery had all her stuff, Campbell had all his stuff and Dave and I both had all our stuff was exhausting. Then I tried to try the showering in the morning bit. Ya, I got it done, but had to get up way to early to do it so, showering at night it is. Dave and I got to carpool this morning to take Campbell to the babysitter for the first time but tomorrow we are each in their own car. Dave will take Campbell to the babysitter before work at 8 and Emery and I are due at work by 7am. BUT, Emery and I get to pick Campbell up after work! Picking up my kids is the best part of my day!

Speaking of school and Emery, guess who got to visit the preschool room today! Emery did such a wonderful job in there today. Even when she saw me in the other room, she said hi, gave me a hug and went back into her preschool room. I can't wait to see how much she advances from this new room. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment